[DMCForum] Re: your first impression of DMC

[DMCForum] Re: your first impression of DMC

The first time I ever saw a DeLorean was when I was riding in a car
with my parents when I was 11. It was 1983. I saw the car
prominently displayed on a dais in a dealership showroom window. I
saw the DMC logo and I thought..."DMC...Like the band?" I thought it
was neat but we didn't stop. Walt, that was Ft. Myers, Florida if
I'm remembering correctly. Wierd huh?

Of course the next sightings after that were in the BTTF trilogy. I
loved the car but never saw any on the road so I figured they were
as rare as the Tin Goose. The next time I saw one was on the Groton,
CT submarine base in the Bachelor Officer's Quarters parking lot. I
knew I'd own one someday. I never told a soul.

On 9/11/02 I was in the United Arab Emirates on an involuntary
recall to active duty. I was browsing the internet looking for a
Ford Maverick. WashingtonPost.com, DeLorean in Long Is. NY. $7k.
Needs interior work. I racked up a helluva phone bill inquiring
about that car.

"Needs interior work" my ass. What a liar. That woman lived 30
minutes from PJ Grady's and she never even took it there. Blown head
gaskets, rotted seats, ruined fuel system, hacked wiring, rusted
frame, etc. My buddy and I towed it back to Md. People laughed at me
for months while I read, and read and read some more. People dreaded
seeing another post from me on the DML. It was 10 months, $4k more
and a lot of profantiy before I drove it out of the parking spot. I
was nervous and clausterphobic when I shut the door for the first
test drive. All that time and I'd never really sat in it!

Now it runs as well as my '01 PT Cruiser, the seats are new and I'll
never drive anything else.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm starting a fun thread here.  I want to hear everyone's opinion
what they felt when they first saw a DeLorean in person.  <snip>

click here