RE: [DMCForum] your first impression of DMC

RE: [DMCForum] your first impression of DMC

Wow... everyone else's stories are great.  Voltron's brought a tear to my
eye, Rich's made me laugh out loud and Ryan's was just cool.  Mine sucks so
I might embellish a bit.

It took me a long time to remember seeing my first De Lorean.  I usually
remember things based on what car my family or I had at the time of the
event, which I hear is a symptom of carcrazyitis.  It was a calm, cool
Friday evening in 1981 just before dusk and my family was off to our regular
cattle call known as the mall.  You know, dinner, forced trying on of
clothes you hate followed by begging to see a movie they hate.  The usual.
Anyway, on the way in I noticed an odd looking car sitting in the parking
lot all alone and wandered off by myself to check it out.

I remember being as tall as the side window and looking inside through the
driver's door wondering what it was when my parental units discovered I had
left their side long ago and yelled for me to catch up with them.  To me,
the net over the rear package area dominated the interior and I thought it
looked odd.

Flash forward to 1985 when the movie came out and I had no idea it was a
real car.  I was more into the science fiction part of it and when the
sequels came out my friends told me not to bother as they were essentially
remakes.  That was it and I never thought about it again.

Flash forward again to when Windows 98 came out and I bought a new laptop.
I launched IE and pondered what my first search would be and "DeLorean"
popped in my head.  I then found the DMC News, then the Yahoo group, then
searched on eBay.  That was it and I was hooked, even though two of my very
first posts to the DML were either rejected or posted incorrectly by the
moderators.  So, my search for a De Lorean of my own began with an immediate
distaste for how the DML was ran.

The last fast forward brings me to Walt and I talking off line extensively
about the car and other stuff, since I wouldn't post anything on the DML.
One night he went on a forty-six page rant and the next thing I knew I had
an invitation to the DMCForum.  Everything has been down hill from there :)
Just kidding... I have met some great people because of this.

Greg

PS - Told ya' my story sucked, sorry :)

click here