Re: [DMCForum] Actually on topic this time Re: stainless cleaner

Re: [DMCForum] Actually on topic this time Re: stainless cleaner

Lauren, I dont think that Dawn would be very effective at removing this sort of residue.  What Dawn shares in common with detergents of this genre is they are advertised as being easy on the skin such that they remove light oils but leave waxes behind.  For serious wax removal, it takes an ammonia cleanser.  I have found liquid Sunlight automatic dishwasher detergent to be effective, but I'm not sure if it has much, if any, ammonia.  And these sort of things aren't good for painted surfaces.  But then we aren't into paint if we like bare stainless steel. :-)

I think the biggest enemy of a good shine is having dirty wax reside stuck deep in the stainless grain.

On another thought, does anyone have any suggestions for removing hard water stains from stainless steel?  I have found that tile cleansers containing phosphoric acid to be a disaster to stainless.  I have messed up a few kitchen sinks with this stuff.  It removes the deposits while taking a layer of metal with it.

Walt

click here