From: DMCVIN6683 [mailto:dmcvin6683@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 11:32 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] bidding on eBay...

Would you let something go for a cheaper price and pay lots more later
just because i was bidding on it? So lets say the seller spelled
Daloreann wrong and i found this deal on a part and i was the only
bidder and there was 15 seconds to go, would you let me have this find
so you can find another auction where you would maybe pay for example
$10, $20 or $50 more just because i was bidding on it? Would you let a
rare item that maybe hits EBay once a year go just because i was
bidding on it even if we both needed it extremely bad?

I purposely wouldn't bid against another that i know but i dont have
money falling out my ass either if you are understanding what i am
saying. EBay is an auction site where deals can be found and prizes can
be lost to other bidders.

If you dont outbid me somebody else will and we both loose it, if i
dont outbid you somebody else will and we both will loose it. Like I
said, I purposely wont bid against somebody i know unless i need what i
see. I rather have someone i know win the auction than somebody else i
dont know.

Mark V

On Wednesday, November 10, 2004, at 07:53  PM, timnagin wrote:

> Mark,
>
> You bring up a very interesting topic that bothers me as well.  I have
> spoken with a few people on the list who bid on eBay and we agreed to
> not
> bid against each other.  I did bid against Walt once but didn't
> realize it
> until it was too late.  I sent him an email and apologized.  I have
> also
> sent links to people who I know are looking for certain things.
>
> I don't like the "dog eat dog world" of eBay either and would rather
> not bid
> against people I know from the lists.  Sure, some people would say
> that is
> nuts, but I refuse to fight over something I can easily get elsewhere.
>
> What is your eBay name?  Mine is the same as here, Timnagin.
>
> Greg

click here