Re: Nitrous Injection was Re: [DMCForum] looking for...

Re: Nitrous Injection was Re: [DMCForum] looking for...

> A wet system is just mixing fuel with nitrous before the throttle body
in the intake before the cylinders. It gets sucked into the cylinders
and has nothing to do with the injectors at all.

Whether it is throttle body injection, multi-port injection or cold start valve injection -- it is all injection -- unless you are using a carbureator.  I thought that a wet system involved dissolving nitrous into fuel similar to how carbonation is added to soft drinks.  Or is a wet system something else?

> What i would do is have the nitrous shoot into the tube on the
coldstart valve, it couldnt possibly return to the tank.

This sounds like a dry system to me.  Since you said 'wet system', I thought that this involved dissolving the nitrous into the fuel before it passed thru the cold start valve.

> The fuel and Nitrous should mix evenly in theory in the intake before it hits the
cylinders at full throttle.

I would expect the nitrous to vaporize and get into the intake just fine.  But I think that too much of the fuel from the cold start valve would stay too liquid to disperse evenly.

> Whip-its in the big balloons, LAUGH MY ASS OFF....

Ah, sounds like you have been going to those concerts with the balloons for sale.  Have you ever noticed the thick oil residue left over from that stuff?  I wouldn't want (my car) to breathe that. ;-)

Martin -- thanks for the explanation.  I bought a book on it from Summitracing.com, but have yet to read much of it.  Does using nitrous have similar effects on an engine as forced induction?  Why I ask is because if Darren is building that engine then maybe it would be a good idea to use harder pistons & such if I ever plan to play with nitrous.  But then I wouldn't want him to roll his eyes at me. :-)  I'm going to call Lloyd tonight & see what is up.  Sorry to take so long.  Give Darren a kick for me.

Walt

Walt

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada