[DMCForum] Ireland.

Hi Mike,
Where was your grandfather from do you know? Do you have any
relations still living over here?
Dublin is a big city, with plenty of touristy things to do, lots of
musems and so on. The real Ireland is getting as far away from Dublin
as possible!
What I would recommend is renting a car on arrival, and touring the
west coast of Ireland which has some amazing scenery. Just last
weekend we went to Counties Sligo and Mayo (northwest), really
beautiful up there.
If you're coming over (or anyone else for that matter) please let me
know, I'd love to give you any pointers, and meet up for a pint.
Thanks,
John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <mcquinlan@xxxx> wrote:

>SNIP
>
> Good talking to you.
>
> P.S.  I'm Irish (American born).  My grandfather came from
Ireland.
> Someday I would like to travel to Ireland.  To see the real Ireland
> (not the touristy areas) where would you recommend?
>
> > Best wishes,
> > John

click here