Re: [DMCForum] Electronic Stability Control..

Re: [DMCForum] Electronic Stability Control..

The early hydropneumatic systems were quite quirky but it's fair to say
that in the late Xantias they really got it wired. I had a BX before my
Xantia and the hydraulics were forever going wrong. But in the new C5,
they've had to change the system completely because the original one had
a single point of failure which affected brakes, steering and
suspension. The new ones have little electric pumps on each wheel.

It's really fun showing people a car without a brake master cylinder or
servo :-)

...or springs....or shock absorbers. I just re-newed all 8 spheres on my
Xantia at a cost of £180. Can't say that on a "regular" car!

We have a DeLorean customer who often complains that the ride's not as
good as his XM, or his BX, but it's hard to explain that it's never
going to be :-)

Martin

Bob Brandys wrote:

> Martin,
>
> The Citroen automobile has had some fantastic engineering over the
> years.  This active suspension system is an excellent design.  Too bad
> in the US  we have such slow speed limits so we rarely ever get to
> really test the handling of our cars.
>
> I remember driving the hills in France with the unguarded outside
> curves.   There were always a few wrecks you could see down the hill.
> Good handling is really essential on those roads.
>
> I  have always liked the futuristic design of the early 60s models.  It
> is used as a futuristic car in many movies.   I have a friend with one
> sitting outside in his yards for years.
> Might be able to talk him out of it some day.  BUt it would be a big
> resto job.
>
> BOB

click here