Re: [DMCForum] Electronic Stability Control..

Re: [DMCForum] Electronic Stability Control..

Marc,

ESC is most effect on todays higher center of gravity vehicles.  DOT
-NHTSB tested these systems last year and they did reduce roll over
tendancy.  But amount of potential accident reduction was unclear.   The
estimate was somewhere between 4 and 50%.

My experience with SUV roll over involves witnessing two accident.  In
one case a jeep was in front of me going into a toll booth.  He made a
slight quick course correction and the thing just flipped over right in
front of me.  !!!  He was not doing any thing dangerous, driving too
fast, etc.  Yes, I think ESC would have prevented this accident,

THe other one was a older woman driving a ford explorer.  She did the
same thing, made a small lane change and the thing flipped over, off the
road and into the ditch.
Yes, I also believe ESC would have prevented this accident.

If I was to buy an SUV, (I could never afford one)  I would get ESC.

On the other hand, the older WIDE cars that I drive and the LOW center
of gravity of the DeLorean really don't have this roll over problem and
would not significantly improve with ESC.

BOB

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada