Re: [DMCForum] Electronic Stability Control..

Re: [DMCForum] Electronic Stability Control..

You guys might like to look up the "Citroen Xantia Activa" - it's the
only road car ever to have true active suspension with no more than half
a degree of body roll. They hug the road better than a Testarossa, which
for an affordable executive hatchback is pretty impressive. It's one
very, very clever piece of engineering.

FWIW I have the less sophisticated Hydracive 2 on mine which still
stiffens when cornering but doesn't have true active roll correction -
this takes the form of pistons linking the roll bar to the control arm

Here's a good example at the top of this page - the Audi A4 cornering at
the same speed as an Activa. (btw, that's the pre-facelift Xantia - the
later ones look much nicer :-)

http://www.citroen.mb.ca/Documents/Car/2.html

I'll shut up now.

Martin

Bob Brandys wrote:

> Marc,
>
> ESC is most effect on todays higher center of gravity vehicles.  DOT
> -NHTSB tested these systems last year and they did reduce roll over
> tendancy.  But amount of potential accident reduction was unclear.   The
> estimate was somewhere between 4 and 50%.

click here