Re: [DMCForum] Why I Own and Drive a DeLorean

Re: [DMCForum] Why I Own and Drive a DeLorean

I own a DeLorean,

Not because its a hot rod -it not.
Not because it is a great cruising car.  Its windows are too small.  (I
am going to chance this in the near future)
Not because of its stainless steel that does not rust- It has a steel
frame that does rust.

I own a DeLorean because it is a statement rejecting the corruption that
put JZD out of business.

I own AMC Pacers because it is a statement about a car whose design was
years into the future.

I own the OLDER safer air bag cars because I reject the compromise that
Reagan and Elizabeth Dole made about my safety and my children's safety
all in the name of money.

How many times have DeLoreans owners heard "  Is JZD out of jail yet?"

And we have to explain how he was never convicted of anything.   As I
explain to people, "How long do you think the drug cartel would let you
live if you tried to do a $15,000,000 drug deal.?"  About 15 seconds?
We'll now do you understand that JZD was set up?"   Their response is
"Gee, I never thought of that!"

That is the whole point, most people don't think.  They  listen to 15
second sound bites and believe the BS.

Fortunately,  DeLorean owners have open minds (at least most of them)
and  they do think and are always interesting to talk to.

That is why owning and driving a DeLorean is a political statement
against corruption.

BOB

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to