Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gasoline Prices and the election

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gasoline Prices and the election

Scott,

This business about different fuel specs is more disinformation by the
government and oil companies.  It is the same BS we heard back in the
70s  when they said that unleaded gasoline costs more money to make

The reality is that oil companies have been making regional fuels for
years.  Some parts of the country are warmer and others are colder.
Different gasolines with different vapor pressures as used to make cars
run properly.   Remember the oil companies used to brag that their
gasoline STarts Better or Runs Smoother.  All DIFFERENT BLENDS.

THe only thing different today is that the Read Vapor Pressure has been
capped to limit evaporative emissions.   This is because oil companies
used high vapor pressure fuels in the late 70s and 80s  to produce
unleaded gasoline with the minimum octane levels that were mandated.

Then the oil companies started to add ethanol to take advantage of the
tax breaks for ethanol fuel.  THIS REDUCES THE MILES PER GALLON FOR
EVERY GALLON OF GASOLINE.

THe reason adding ethanol reduces the MPG is because the BTU energy
value of ethanol is 50% less than that of gasoline    120,000 BTU per
gallon gasoline.  60,000 BTU per gallon ethanol   10% Ethanol in a
gallon of gasoline reduce MPG by 5%.  NOBODY EVER TOLD YOU THAT ?

Anyway, the cost difference for blending regional fuels is only 1-2 cent
per gallon.   (I used to do work for the Clark oil refinery in Blue
Island and the fuel coop in Whiting, IN,)  We used to all bust out
laughing when we would here the BS on TV about how fuel blending COST MORE.

THE JOKE WAS IS COST MORE MONEY TO HAUL THE HEAVY BAGS OF MONEY TO THE
BANK- NOT THE FUEL!!!

NoT Right ,  NOT LEFT

JUST THE FAcTS

BOB