From: checksix3 [mailto:jetjock11@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 8:50 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Gasoline Prices and the election

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel@xxxx>
wrote:
> I may be wrong but generally in a democracy the winner is the one
with the
> most votes....

You are wrong, in a very big way. First of, this isn't a democracy,
it's a republic. Second, you need to study in detail how the
electoral college works and learn something about "faithless
electors".

Btw Marc, you're breaking my heart. Regular gas in CA is almost
$2.45/gallon and climbing. I won't even tell you what I pay for avgas
and jet fuel.

click here