[DMCForum] Re: Gasoline Prices and the election

[DMCForum] Re: Gasoline Prices and the election

No problem, Jack. I know what you are saying. And about the electoral
college, honestly, I haven't thought of it that way, maybe you are
right, why do we still need it? I think that if you have 10 votes you
win over your opponent who had 2 votes, as simple as that. 2000
election was a joke and embarassed the country in front of the whole
world. Even less developed countries have automated voting systems.
But that is a new discussion. Discussion for intelligent people :)

checksix makes me laugh. Probably due to his brain demaging binge
drinking years in college <evil laugh>, now he only has multiple
mouths left.

Flavia
--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thank you very much Flavia, that was my point exactly.  I am not
taking
> sides, saying who is better than the other, just that in 2000 Al
Gore should
> have been the victor. No matter what system or court decided or
appointed
> the winner, there was in my mind sufficient proof in my mind for a
recount.
> Now would it have taken months?  Maybe, and that was most likely
one of the
> reasons the court had to contend with and ultimately appointed
Bush.  They
> weren't in his pocket or anything, just making the best decision at
the time
> to keep this country moving.  Heck it was already 30 some odd days
after the
> election.  That's why I say the electoral college is outdated and
> unnecessary it this tech world.
>
> Jack Stiefel
> www.fmtimemachine.com
> Direct listen link: www.live365.com/stations/radiocape