Re: [DMCForum] roof support.. was: Tampa tech session

Re: [DMCForum] roof support.. was: Tampa tech session

Greg,

Check out the procedure that Dave Swingle wrote on
DMCNews.com.  Rob Grady told me that he uses "body rivets"
instead of screws.  Those might work better because they are
thicker.  But on one car, I had to drill body rivets out
because whoever installed them didn't get the panel low
enough.  As I remember, it was still raised up maybe 8 or
9mm.  I'm suspicious that they didn't take the torsion bars
out.  They only put the rivets in to stop the panel from
going higher.  I took pictures... ah, yeah, but where are
they?  I need to start getting stuff like that online.

To get the panel back down, I put a 5' long crowbar in place
of the torsion bar and pried down while hitting the
sub-panel with a rubber mallet.  Sounds kind of brutal, but
how else do you get it back in place?

Walt

click here