Re: [DMCForum] Re: Speaking of Morons....Checksix.

Walt wrote:

> I think the point that Bob
> was making is that money blown on consumer goods, for example, helps
> the economy more than wealthy investors trading income for equity in
> real property.

OK, DUH!-- I'm finally getting it <drumming side of head with
fingers>  That's so far out of my realm I just can't imagine.

> If I make friends
> with the person paying the rent, that person ceases to pay rent until
> I evict them.

It took me a while to learn that making friends with my tenants is
the worst idea.   I can be warm, I can be cordial, but for friends I
look  somewhere else.   I won't even rent to friends any more.  I
don't like doing business with friends on any level.  I've lost too
many that way.  Evictions?  HA!  They know me at the county
courthouse now.  I've even come to be cordial with the Constable.

> > if you think so badly of the forum, why do you continue to
> > participate?
>
> I think it is appropriate to label Gary a gadfly.  I try to 'moderate' myself, but often enjoy an
> intellectual challenge

>Sure.  Verbal sparring certainly has its place.    But there's a
difference between playing Devil's Advocate and throwing yourself
into the midst of a group and saying "I don't like it here."  I'd rather
kick around a few brain cells on my own turf but maybe that's just
me.

> Your deer friend,

and you are a deer, bare-hoofed and all.  I need to send you a bag of
caliche* to really toughen-up those tootsies!  .................LP

*a naturally occuring desert cement caused by years of
compression of the dry soil -- it's sharp as hell when you break it up
and truly a bitch to walk on.  My yard's covered in it.

click here