[DMCForum] Re: Speaking of Morons....Checksix.

[DMCForum] Re: Speaking of Morons....Checksix.

> And since when am I obligated
to share anything? Doing so in the past has gotten me
nothing but static from the so-called experts.

The obligation is implied when you contradict others who are trying to present useful information.  If you get static for presenting your version of the truth then, to that extent, you failed to adequately present it, in which case clarification and/or non-hostile debate is appropriate.  But thus, corrupt aspects of human nature too often prevail causing arguments like which you seem to seek.

> You must be joking. There is more usless crap over there than here.
No entertainment either ;)

I really shouldn't comment about the DML because I haven't kept up with their goings-on for over a year.

> So noted. Keep up the good work ;)

Touche'

Lauren said:
> I  just want to express my thanks to Walt...

Kewl!

> Here's why I disagee -- my rental income goes back into
the economy and the community and that does create jobs.

That is basically my job description too.  I think the point that Bob was making is that money blown on consumer goods, for example, helps the economy more than wealthy investors
trading income for equity in real property.  Outside of that, yes, using rental income to pay expenses definitely supports the economy, too.  But I dont think that is the kind of money-movement Bob was referring to.

> I don't do much of the work myself, I pay people to
do it.  Mostly because some of it is just to hard for me to do.

In that sense, I am not much of a business man.  If I make friends with the person paying the rent, that person ceases to pay rent until I evict them.  So I higher agents to do deal with tenants, and they usually do outstanding jobs compared to what I can accomplish.

> if you think so badly of the forum, why do you continue to participate?

I think it is appropriate to label Gary a gadfly.  And as a self-professed one, I feel justified in the cliche, "It takes one to know one."  I try to 'moderate' myself, but often enjoy an intellectual challenge even if sometimes that means I have to go looking for it.  It's fun but otherwise unproductive except for maybe honing debating skills.  Consider it the human version of deer banging antlers with each other.

Your deer friend,
Walt

click here