Re: [DMCForum] Re: The Constitution Is an Illusion Part II

Re: [DMCForum] Re: The Constitution Is an Illusion Part II

Ryan,

I am glad that you agree with me on many of my points.

You are right many people do come to the US for extraordinary medical
treatments that get lots of publicity.  However, that type of operation
is rare and does nothing in terms of the over health care system.  I
look at the bigger picture and overall health statistics.

I have  a cousin who got her medical degree in the US,  After practicing
in the US for two years she could not stand the profit and money motives
of everyone.
She left and moved to Canada.  She is very happy with her government
fixed salary and not having to worry about who is paying the bill -JUST
HOW TO BEST CARE FOR THE PATIENT.,

As for medical malpractice  and that peace of disinformation.   All you
ever hear about is insurance premiums.   You never hear about any
extraordinary cases of people getting al lot of money.   The Wall Street
Journal had an article about this last week.   Some very interesting
statistics.

Most legal cases in this country are businesses suing businesses NOT
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR PERSONAL INJURY.  IN SOME jurisdictions over 60%
of legal cases are business suing business.

As for "limiting awards" I would suggest you review the case histories
in states were "Reform" has taken place.  - eg. Texas.   An
insignificant impact on medical malpractice cases.

The Reform that they are pushing are limiting awards for pain and
suffering.  NOT anything else like extravagant lawyer fees. Pain and
suffering

The reality of all this hype about medical malpractice is that insurance
companies are trying to raise premiums to make a ton of money,.  Not an
actual problem with legal case awards.

What about the case where the doctors took out the wrong eye and then
had the cancerous eye removed leaving the patient total blind.
What about the case where the doctors cut off the wrong leg and then had
to cut of the other bad one cut off.

Would you limit the award to these people?  This is clearly total screw
up by the doctors and hospitals.   It is a factor of cost cutting and
lack of staffing. Just for making more profit.

What is really going on here is that future medical in the US is going
to be of lesser quality so more profit can be  made.  THis will result
in more mistakes.  THe health care corporations and just trying to
protect their future profits from their future screw ups on the future.

Ryan,  I am glad you have a computer science degree.  I have a cousin
who go  his at U of I where I got my degree.  He also does work on super
computers.

I just think you need to expand your knowledge base.  Never believe
opinion are facts..  You need to research the facts.  That what I do for
a living.  It is very enlightening though very disappointing about what
people really are told.

BOB

click here