[DMCForum] America Is not A Democracy

Taking your advice Marc, I thought I would try the DMC Forum. Some
interesting recent discussions. So I thought I would throw in my 25
cents. (2 cents adjusted for inflation.-actually it is probably more
since they saying dates to around 1905.)

The United States is not a Democracy when it comes to electing its
president.  It is the only "Democracy" where the public's vote is
censored by an "electoral college."

Clearly, if one looks at the popular vote Gore won in 2000.  The
question of Florida is irrelavent.

Further, if you add the Nader vote to the Gore vote- the overall vote
of the public wanted a left leaning president.

Of course in most other true democracies such election results would
result in a coalition government.  Even Isreal has coalition governments.

The US is really a republic.  Where the winner? takes all. THis is a
set up for a Dictator and why other democratic constitutions do not
allow such power centralization.

That's my thought for today.  Tomorrow - This US Constitution - why it
is an illusion.

BOB

click here