[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

Walt
I offered my lift and tools trans jack  to Jim to change the clutch
and he didn't
Take me up on the offer, Would have save you time and neck pain
Florida owners we need to plan a drive or a meet some place since
the
Weather is getting better and I need an excuse to drive my car soon
before I sell it

Ken
02700

-- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> > Gene Berg has a nice little writeup.
> www.gene*berg*.com/*flywheel*s.htm
> > Andrei
>
> Yeah, that is educational, but I had to remove the "*" to
> get the site to work.  How did those get in there?
>
> From the 1930ish Ford club that my dad was into, they would
> remove about 12 pounds from the flywheels, but they also had
> the crankshafts balanced.  Those engines were rather
> primitive.  I didn't know that a balanced crank was a
> prerequisite for a lightened flywheel.
>
> With the PRV being odd fire & designed to be rather shaky, a
> lightened flywheel sounds like a bad idea.  Hey, maybe we
> should make them heavier still? ;-)
>
> My neck is sore from holding a partial sit-up to get that
> tranny out.  Jim thinks we can get his car all back together
> today.  hah hah...  Well maybe if the parts get here and
> things fall into place -- just so long as that does not
> include the car falling.  We have it about 2' off the
> ground.  It's secure, but I laid stuff like the wheels, etc
> under there to give me some space if it comes crashing down.
> I are a shade tree mecha-can-nick.  I are a professional.
> Dontcha try dis at home.  You may be a redneck if you have a
> relative that died just before saying, "Hey, watch this!"
>
> Walt

click here