[DMCForum] Water pump replacement progress...

[DMCForum] Water pump replacement progress...

I am moving along steady.  I am hoping to get it all back together
tomorrow- if the parts I ordered from John Hervey arrive.
Installing the silicone hose for the heater hose is a major PITA.
Those nipples are huge!  It took like 10 methods and over an hour to
get it on finally.  I ended up doing what I origianlly should have,
remove the pipe and get it mated up outside the engine bay.

I am going to head out in the morning and buy a torque wrench, I
should have initially.  I dont want to overtighten anything.  If I
find out that I have already overtightened the y-pipe bolts should I
loosen and then torque it correctly or does it not matter once it is
already overtorqued and nothing bad happened?

The o-ring kit I bought has one for the cold start injector tube
where it connects to the manifold, should I replace that or not
bother?

I ordered new bearings from John hervey for the idler pullies.  I
have never changed out bearings and was wondering if I need
anythings special to do it or any tips that I might need?

Walt, what was the method you told me for putting new coolant in?  I
drained at the motor so I am unsure how much I should need, but what
were you tellin me you do?

Finally, I would like to order that bit from snap-on.  The drain
plug bit.  How do I describe it to them.  Is there a name for it so
they know eactly what I am referring to?

Misha

click here