[DMCForum] Re: some people...

You know what I've found, though? For every little turd who has a
complex about DeLoreans, there are a dozen people who love them.

I call it jealousy. I've never met a DeLorean hater who drove anything
better than a Corolla. You can't tell me these people enjoy their ugly
boxes. Just watch them drive down the road, for crying out loud. They
all look like zombies. No _expression_ on their faces. Me, I'm grinning
from ear to ear everywhere I go.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thebrave65" <johnnysher1@xxxx> wrote:

> What an ass.  I know exactly how you feel, John.  I've several people
> tell me "those cars are a peice of crap" even though mine has no
> interior fading/cracks and is a beautiful example of the marque.
>
> The very first thing I say back to them is "Really?  Have you ever
> owned one?"  Then they usually say, "Well, no, but I knew a guy who
> knew someone that did."
>
> Then I just smirk and give 'em a "Yeah, whatever."
>
> There's a quote I found that I keep in my garage with my workshop
> manual:  "I don't care what other people think or say about my
> DeLorean.  Other people just don't get it."
>
> Johnny
> 5518
>

> > Hey guys,
> > I've been doing interviews the past few weeks to get a new job. One
> > of the interviews I went to, the topic of what do I do in my spare
> > time/hobbies, etc came up, so naturally I mentioned my interest in
> > DeLoreans and that I have a DeLorean car. One of the guys across
> the
> > table from me laughs, and says (I quote) "Jesus - what a terrible
> > car, oh boy, but I suppose it looks different". I felt like saying
> so
> > what do you drive dickhead? Imagine being that dumb and ignorant
> that
> > you would insult the guy you are trying to hire. Regrettably I did
> > not walk out of the room or say something back, but at least I had
> > the pleasure of saying no thanks to that job and accepting a better
> > one in a better company this morning, wohoo!
> > I guess I'm just surprised I got this reaction in a job interview,
> > where people are meant to act professionally. Its usually in gas
> > stations that you would sometimes get this reaction.
> >
> > There's no accounting for some people.
> >
> > John

click here