RE: [DMCForum] Serious door alignment issue

RE: [DMCForum] Serious door alignment issue

Jordan,

I just uploaded a picture of my passenger-side hinge before we removed the
doors so check out folder #0909.  To me, it definitely looks like the hinge
you are having problems with has moved.  Pardon the crappy red paint on my
car, but notice how the edge of the hinge is nearly parallel with the edge
of the door.  On my car, you could loosen these bolts and move the doors
around, but most every point of contact had shims which were badly rusted.
My doors going back on and being realigned will probably be a crap shoot.  I
hope Eric and Brian don't read that ;)

By the way, have you confirmed any fiberglass damage as of yet?  I have some
pictures of the underneath after removing the hinge studs if you need to see
those as well.  Might you have any pictures of the car with the windshield
trim and headliner removed?

Greg