From: Flavia [mailto:frvianna@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 9:55 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Paying for college

HI list! I am trying to update myself, I moved, didn't have internet
for about 2 weeks, was laid off from my sort of job/internship for a
stupid reason, semester at college started....
I still have hundreds of emails to read. But I had to reply to this
one, bc I pay for my college, books, living expenses and I an an
Honor student. So that proves the point that if you pay for it
yourself, you recognize the real value of things.
Fortunately, now I managed to get a job on campus, and a scholarship
because of my good academic achievements, but it's really hard to
balance it all. I wish I didn't have to pay for it all. I don't
really plan on having kids and yes, I am selfish, so the money I make
I spend stuff for myself:) but I admire those who make huge
sacrifices for their children, too bad a lot of those children don't
appreciate the favor.
Farrar, you are not the only poor worker/student here!

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx> wrote:
> You have been fortunate.
>
> Looks like I'm the only one on this list who grew up without any
money.
> No wonder I take pride in things that nobody else appreciates ... I
have
> earned everything I have. What a strange concept.
>
> --Farrar

click here