Re: [DMCForum] Re: controling mold in interior

Re: [DMCForum] Re: controling mold in interior

> Walt - I think he meant "silica", which is the desiccant
that you
find in vitamin bottles and such, in those little paper
pouches.

Toby, I have used the Damp-Rid brand stuff that sits in a
tray in a tub.  As it absorbs moisture, it liquefies and
drips to the bottom.  I have this in my car now, but it
doesn't do any good.  I tried spreading it out on trays to
maximize the surface area.  It turns to liquid just fine,
but it doesn't absorb enough moisture to stop mold from
growing.

I tried one of those closet desiccants where you plug it in
the wall to heat it up to regenerate it.  It seems like a
fire hazard.  It takes about a day for the dri-rite
indicator to turn from blue back to pink.  I think I would
need a few buckets of the stuff to do any good.

Hey, today is my birthday.  40 years old!  Gag.

Walt

click here