[DMCForum] Re: and an update from Farrar [was: Marc got a job.]

[DMCForum] Re: and an update from Farrar [was: Marc got a job.]

Hey Farrar,

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.  My father was diagnosed last
Friday with lung cancer.  He is only 64.  I too will be putting off
my Delorean purchase for now.  The Delorean was going to be
something for my dad and I to enjoy together.  It doesn't seem
likely we will have much time left so we are going to spend the
remaining time with our kids and their grandpa.  We might possibly
try to take a family trip.

So good luck with your grandfather and your music.  See you on the
forum from time to time.

Mike.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx>
wrote:
> Marvin wrote:
>  > Computers, vacuums, dresses, pens, printed cups, whatever!  Do
>  > something that gives a personal feeling of achievement, and be
proud
>  > of what ever your chosen profession happens to be!
>
> I'm glad some people still have this attitude. I ended up in
radio,
> which is not what I had planned, but as long as there isn't
anything
> else terrible going on in my life, I manage to enjoy every day of
my
> job. Unfortunately this does not go along with the
typical "American
> dream" since I'm never going to be anything but middle-class.
>
> In related news: It also looks as if I won't have a DeLorean for
quite
> some time, either. I'm going to divert some money from my savings
into a
> recording project as a tribute to my grandfather who has been
diagnosed
> with several cancers in his lungs. He has always been very proud
of my
> musical accomplishments however small, and is the one who
introduced me
> to jazz music, and I want to pay tribute to him in the best way I
know
> how, especially since he says he would like to hear me play one
last
> time. Studio time and engineers are expensive, as is travel, so
this
> will likely set me back at least a couple of thousand. I'll still
be on
> the list, but I'll still be a non-owner, so bear with me as I fall
> another couple of years back on my goal.
>
> I promise to be quieter also.
>
> Thanks,
> Farrar

click here