[DMCForum] Re: Marc got a job.

How do you think most employees end up with a bad attitude?  Having
worked for several large Corporations such as GE Aerospace, Lockheed
Martin and some larger commercial companies, I can see how people
get bad attitudes.  It is from their employer.  This may not be as
true for smaller companies (I wouldn't know).  At the larger
companies you feel like a number not a person.  You fear that your
job is in jeopardy no matter how good a job you do.  You see many of
your co-workers jobs being shipped to India and in some cases you
are expected to train your replacement.  In 5 years of working with
a major corporation, my medical benefits provider changed 6 times
and got worse and more expensive each time.  We lost overtime pay
and were expected to work a 45 hour work week without compensation.
The people who stick it out with the company only end up getting
laid off for their loyalty.  I left for another company and went
through the same decline at that company.  I think the root of the
problem is that employers have no loyalty to their employees but
expect it from their employees.

P.S.

Congrats Marc.  Do any of these high tech toys use a display
device?  If so, perhaps our paths will cross.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Marvin" <marv@xxxx> wrote:
> As an employer, if I saw or heard that a newly hired employee,
when asked what their new job was, answered "computer crap", they'd
be gone in a flash. Pride in what you do for a living, enthusiasm
for the company, excitment of being part of a new team, and
agressiveness to achieve positive results, all these are what is
needed by your new employer. If you start with a lousy attitude,
you'll be a lousy employee. You'll grumble even more, when fired,
and the next job pays 40% less than this one.

<snip>

click here