Re: [DMCForum] Battery?

I say any battery will be sufficient. I have an Optima red top battery
if that matters.

I never had the typical draining problems with my Delorean like others
have with their electrical systems killing the battery. I left my car
sit for 3 months for winter storage and had it get some junk out of the
glove box when i noticed i forgot to disconnect the battery, i put the
key in and she fired right up.

The previous owner removed all of the electrical Gremlins with some
"Electrical Gremlin Killer Spray", you used to be able to get this at a
hardware store but the Gremlin Protection Activists had it pulled from
all shelves and banned from future sale. It was too bad because that
spray really worked good. I might have a can left over in some extra
parts i got with the car, i will check later.

Mark V

On Sunday, September 19, 2004, at 05:45  PM, mw98gt wrote:

> What battery for the D does everyone recommend?  The battery in mine
> is fine, but it has this special feature that the previous owner
> wanted that is driving me nuts. It cuts the power off if it notices
> a power drain beyond a certain value, so if I dont drive within
> around 4 days I come to a dead car and have to reset my presets and
> alarm settings.  It also has a kill feature which is cool though.
> If it is armed and the car is started, it will shut the car off
> after 1 second.  It is remote operated.
>
> Any recommendations and anyone in tampa area interested in my
> current battery?
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

click here