Re: [DMCForum] Battery?

Mark, that EGK spray is usually at autoparts stores near
where they keep the blinker fluid.

Misha, did you consider that the safety shut-off feature on
your battery is working fine and that it is saving the
battery from a car whose electrical system is attempting to
run it dead?  Check your current draw while the car is
parked & doors closed (or lights disabled.)  Anything more
than 100mA is way too much.  Even a draw as little as 100mA
would have me looking for a problem, but it shouldn't affect
a safety shut-off for many days.

Another possibility is that your battery is getting weak.
The safety shut-off feature sees the voltage go low and
trips.

As for batteries, I like to stay away from flooded cell lead
acid batteries because they tend to leak, explode, etc.  I
have had good success with Optima red top batteries.  I
might consider an Optima deep cycle one next time.  There
are other brands of spiral glass mat lead acid batteries,
but Optima is not too overpriced and available locally.

Walt

click here