Re: [DMCForum] wx stripping adhesive

> I noticed today that the weather stripping seal around my
driver's
door is loose at the  bottom  -- what is the recommended
adhesive?

I like using 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.  It is a
contact cement that dries rubbery with no residual
stickiness.  (I feel like such a nerd.)

> I noticed, too, that it has holes that look like it should
be screwed
down but I can't find corresponding holes in the door
frame - am I
overlooking something?

Those holes are air passage ways (so that they don't hold
water).  I think most cars (the early & mid VINs at least)
have black or red metal spring clips under the seal.  The
consensus on these is to carefully pry them off and get rid
of them.  At best they don't help hold the seal on, and at
worse they tear clothing.

Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here