Re: [DMCForum] Atheists for Jesus

> Created to please God??  WHY would a God create a
being for the purpose of pleasing it?!  This is just
silly.

I will not disagree that it at least seems silly.  I don't
know what God is, but I know that I tend to get lonely.  I
like companionship.  What if I could create the perfect
mate -- one who loved me back because I created it out of
love?  Well, I don't know how to create life.  (If God made
a mate for me, something went wrong cuz I am a single guy.)
But I know that I have a tremendous capacity to love and
forgive.  God loves & forgives me.

So where is this loving God?  Why isn't He here now
petitioning these atheists to believe?  I am probably not
qualified to answer that.  I can say, tho, that we are in a
fallen state and do not participate in all-the-warm-fuzzies
from God's love because we are in this fallen state.  Maybe
it is our lot to live for a while in the consequences of sin
so that we can better appreciate God's grace when we do get
it.  Be glad because it will then be our job to tell the
younger ones who died before they were mature enough to
either accepted or deny God.  (The disposition of these
people is yet another hard-to-understand topic.)  It has
something to do with the children being punished for the
sins of their parents.  If a damn mosquito bites me, I'll
smite it and all of its offspring that lives from my stolen
blood!  That reminds me: It has been a long time since I had
communion. ;-)

Bro Walt

click here