Re: [DMCForum] Re: Only blows air on fan level 4? - To Walt

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Only blows air on fan level 4? - To Walt

> but is there any "quick fix" I can do to fix the
break to make it work over the next few days?

You might try twisting the ends together with needle nose
pliers.  I would expect regular electronics solder to melt.
I have repaired similar things (nickel-chrome heating
element which is same kind of wire) by holding the ends
together with a nut, bolt & pair of washers.

I have been told that this wire can be reliably repaired by
soldering with a hard variety of braising rod for copper
tubing (used in refrigeration).

But for the trouble it is a standard GM part.  Most retail
parts houses should stock it.  Just show them the old one
and say it is out of any 1980s Chevy or whatever.  You
shouldn't need a part number.  But then I wouldn't be
surprised if a DeLorean-specific vendor has it cheaper.

> So does it make sense
to you that the coil between 1 and 2 is broken, but fan
speed 3 also
doesn't work?

I'm too lazy to look at the wiring diagram...  If I remember
correctly, the resistor coils are wired in series.  So if
the first one breaks, the rest become electrically isolated.

> Do you
remember a couple of guys asking you about the LED doors
lights in
the early afternoon?

Kinda sorta.  I'm really bad at names myself.  For example,
if I meet a stranger and they say, "Hi, may name is (insert
generic name here)."  Then not more than one minute later
ask me what the name was and I won't be able to remember it
to save my life.

> Well, I
was the younger of those 2 guys, with dark hair.

If I saw you again, I would probably remember.  Speaking of
which, how about uploading a pic of yourself / your car to
the DMCForum.org membership directory?

> Even though I knew
of you at the time, I didn't know it was you I was talking
to,
otherwise I would have made an actual introduction.

Well shit fire and save matches.  I was barefoot the whole
time and handing out barefoot business cards.  You should
have figured it out. :-)

I'm actually getting very close to having the DCS2004 photos
online.  Maybe you are in one of those photos that you can
point out.  I'm in the debugging process before I make the
link public.

Have you been to any of the SEDOC shows at the Lake Lanier
Canoe Club?  I have family in the area and was just up that
way 2 weeks ago.

Barefoot Walt    Tampa, Floridiot

click here