[DMCForum] Re: Moderation (Samuel)

Ohio must be waaay more easy on salvage titles than Florida. I just
got a salvage title vehicle ready for road use simply by fixing the
minor damage and paying $50 for an inspection by the highway patrol.
That is how I get cheap winter cars here. All they inspect for here
is that I didn't steal any of the parts I used to rebuild it, by
providing receipts for new parts. They could care less about build
quality or roadworthyness. So a salvage vehicle can NEVER be issued
a rebuilt title in Florida? Maybe I should make Walt an offer and
drag that car back to Ohio and retitle it if he has no luck. :)

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
> The issue is that with a salvage title, you can not even put a
plate on
> it legally so it is not drivable on the road. Walter has pondered
about
> doing a vin swap, but debates about it and knows he has 2 other
project
> cars not counting that one and not counting his normal driver.
>
> Samuel
>
> Joe OBrien wrote:
>
> >Would you be keeping it to rebuilf for yourself to use, or to
sell
> >to someone else? If your keeping who cares what the title states.
> >But then if your selling it for profit, then you can get into a
mess
> >trying to explain the salvage titles. Ask Josh Hadleman if he
will
> >sell you the vins off the fire car, or one of the scrap heaps
> >lingering at his house with a title. Or try asking a vendor to
sell
> >a scapped body and use those vin tags and work from there. Just a
> >guess where I'd start to try to keep a "clean" vin.
> >
> >Joe

click here