Re: [DMCForum] My apologies
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DMCForum] My apologies




--- Robert Katon <bigevlbastard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>
> I apologize to the group for "crashing your party"
> and bringing too
> much political passion to the post.  Apparently,
> some of the members
> don't like it when people point out their fallacies
> unless they can
> footnote it with a discussion about why the prowler
> motor is a
> natural choice for a legitimate swap.  I won't ever
> have the
> opportunity to defend my position that the DMC is
> underpowered,
> though fun to drive.  I won't be able to openly
> debate Dave about
> his plan to build a crazy 400+ HP PRV.  I
> acknowledge that it would
> have been better to start here, but what's done is
> done.

Fallacies?  No..  Just because some of us have
different opinions, does not make them invalid.  You
come across as saying because someone does not agree,
they are wrong...  Hey, I think YOU are wrong, but I
do my best to be respectful of your opinion, and your
misinterpretation of the facts.  And I can say that
about you, without lumping you in to a group with a
name.  Saying your are being a typical Republican.
Independent thinkers are offended by being lumped in
(at least I am) even if some of our opinions are
similar to the group you associate us with.

The Prowler engine IS a good choice...  It is the one
I selected.. Or, did you know that already?


> My 5 days in the forum just wasn't enough time for
> me to put aside
> my passion for the debate.  Again, I apologize and
> leave you with

Debate?  again, saying someone is wrong because they
are a typical liberal is not good debate.  Debate the
issue and facts, not the qualities of the debater!

> one final thought.  I never took the debate personal
> and more
> importantly, I never took it to a personal level,
> unlike the folks
> that engaged in nasty name calling. (you know who
> you are).  If

Name calling??  For the most part, you were the one
doing that...  IMHO

> calling someone who purports liberal arguments a
> "liberal" or if
> pointing out that one's argument is based on lies is
> considered
> personal, than I am in the wrong forum to begin
> with. 

Lies?  You believe your lies, and I will believe
mine..  My opinion is MINE, and not that of a
"liberal".

>
> To anyone I offended, including those that called
> for my departure,
> I apologize.  I meant no offense and I wish you all
> a happy and fun
> forum!

Departure??  I don't know about that...  There has
only been one person banned from the DMCForum.  I am
sure he may still be lurking though. 

>
> Regards,
>
> Robert
>
> PS FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!
>

No, more like FOUR MORE MONTHS!




           
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT


Yahoo! Groups Links



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN 


Copyright © 2018 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive