Re: [DMCForum] My apologies

Don't sweat it Robert.  I wrote you some sort of
hey-how-do-you-do letter, but I don't remember posting it.
Basically I was saying that we're unmoderated and every
computer has a delete button.  I don't have the attention
span to read about political stuff, however.  So I delete
whole blocks of stuff with hardly a glance.

I started the DMCForum to be a free speech alternative to
the DML since at the time the DML moderators were being
inconsistent, illogical & heavy handed.  I have heard rumors
that they have changed a lot since then, but I haven't been
keeping up with reading that list.  Currently I'm about 9K
messages behind (that's about a year's worth).  Maybe I'll
catch up.

Anyway my point is (strange how it takes me 2 paragraphs
before I get to my point) is that I find it a little weird
that someone without a DeLorean had joined the forum to
participate in off-topic discussions.  That's fine by me
because I have a delete button and know how to press it.  I
would rather not have someone else pressing it for me
(thankyou very much Knut & Dave Swingle :-)  I had just been
e-mailing with the notorious Knut himself, and the subject
line was: RE: Message not approved: Hello.  I don't think he
realized how funny I thought that was.  I hadn't e-mailed
him in probably 2 years, and he is still hung up on that
moderation thing.

But hey, I'm glad that we have a place for DeLorean-minded
people to discuss regular get-to-know-you subject matter.
Farrar is a good case in point.  If left to the DML, I don't
think we would know much about him.

> PS FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!

Until what?  You are buying a DeLorean?

Walt