Re: [DMCForum] Continued: Coil Packs (Martin)

Re: [DMCForum] Continued: Coil Packs (Martin)

No, it's a constant drive to do things better for less money and/or
effort. Coil packs represent a considerably more efficient way of
generating a spark. The resultant spark is better, they allow the
dispensation of HT leads and distributors and although you say they're
less reliable, consider that the failure of a single coil makes you
break down. A failure of a coil pack results in a misfire (although on
most engines, one pack drives two plugs).

Martin

content22207 wrote:

> I'm not denying that coil packs are functional. Couldn't drive a new
> car out of the showroom otherwise. They just don't last. Are also
> subject to vicissitudes elsewhere in the vehicle (coil pack on a
> friend's mother's Buick stopped firing when something went wrong with
> the O2 sensor).
>
> Coil packs are yet another example that we've entered the age of the
> disposable automobile.
>
> Bill Robertson

click here