[DMCForum] Re: Kerry...

If you think back to Gore/Bush campaign, One of Bush's big
criticisms of the Gore/Clinton administration was that gas prices
were on the rise due to Gore's environmental policy and Clinton's
energy policy.

"Gore during a speech: "It's time to put our feet on the brakes of
what may well be Big Oil's price gouging."

Bush's campaign was swift in firing back, blaming the rise in prices
on the Administration's energy policy as well as Gore's crusade for
stringent clean-air fuel, which is at the center of fast-rising fuel
prices in the Midwest."

So did Bush waffle on this and decide that $1.50 was too cheap and
$1.90 was better?  Or did he just lie and fool us to believing he
could do something about it?  I guess Bush's energy and
environmental policies aren't as good as Clinton/Gore?  Or is it
that most of what politicians claim they are going to make better
they really have no control over?

I'm not a Clinton/Gore fan either so don't bother trying to tear
down their argument.  Their argument just further proves my point
that neither side had any control over gas prices.  Even all of
Bush's a$$ kissing to the Saudi's hasn't brought gas down to the
price it was when Clinton/Gore were in office.  Why kiss the Saudi's
a$$es anyway?  We get most of our oil from Mexico, Venezuela and
Canada anyway.

P.S.  If you want to buy gas from companies that import the least or
no oil from the Middle East buy from Sinclair, Sunoco and Citgo.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Katon" <bigevlbastard@xxxx>
wrote:
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > All politicians "flip-flop", "waffle", "change their
minds", "have
> > change of heart", or whatever you'd care to call it.
>
> Uh, no they don't.  Some actually have principles and core
beliefs.
> There is a stark difference between changing your mind and
adopting
> whatever view energizes your base constituency.  If Kerry has
simply
> changed his mind, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.  The sad fact
> is that he continues to choose opposing viewpoints depending on
> whatever is most popular at the moment.  When he started the
> primary, he was staunchly for the war as he can be seen in
> interviews and on the senate floor.  Once his nomination was
> threatened by Howard Dean, who was widely popular because of his
> anti-war views, his political savvy kicked into high gear and he
> became anti-war.  This is a man of NO PRINCIPLES WHATSOEVER!

click here