RE: [DMCForum] "The Air Car" (not a hovercraft)

RE: [DMCForum] "The Air Car" (not a hovercraft)

><snip>
>Additionally, I think American car companies generally do not have the
>quality control that Japanese car manufacturers do. Whereas American
>manufacturers tend to let a lot of things "slide", the Japanese seem to
>be very good at not letting a lot of lemons get sold.
><snip>

One, quick comment about this.  A Korean student attending college here told
us an interesting story.  First, his family was highly respected where he is
from so they were 'in the know', for lack of a better term.

I am sure everyone remembers the fiasco back in 1987 or so when Hyundai
started selling cars here and how quickly they fell apart.  He stated that
the cars that came off the assembly line that didn't pass their quality
control were subsequently delivered to the US market.  He also stated the
Sonata, the larger more luxurious Hyundai at that time, was very highly
sought after and respected over there.

When he was here in the states he drove a Corvette.

Greg

click here