[DMCForum] Re: "The Air Car" (not a hovercraft)

[DMCForum] Re: "The Air Car" (not a hovercraft)

That is funny.  The company I work for manufactures semiconductors
and we do the opposite.  Usually we will have a couple of revs
(spins) of a chip before it is perfect.  Sometimes we will think we
have it right so we go into full production only to find a problem
later.  We do another spin and dump the earlier spin on the Asian
market.  The chip usually has features disabled or we cannot clock
it up to the advertised speed.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> ><snip>
> >Additionally, I think American car companies generally do not
have the
> >quality control that Japanese car manufacturers do. Whereas
American
> >manufacturers tend to let a lot of things "slide", the Japanese
seem to
> >be very good at not letting a lot of lemons get sold.
> ><snip>
>

> One, quick comment about this.  A Korean student attending college
here told
> us an interesting story.  First, his family was highly respected
where he is
> from so they were 'in the know', for lack of a better term.
>
> I am sure everyone remembers the fiasco back in 1987 or so when
Hyundai
> started selling cars here and how quickly they fell apart.  He
stated that
> the cars that came off the assembly line that didn't pass their
quality
> control were subsequently delivered to the US market.  He also
stated the
> Sonata, the larger more luxurious Hyundai at that time, was very
highly
> sought after and respected over there.
>
> When he was here in the states he drove a Corvette.
>
> Greg

click here