Re: [DMCForum] Re: Renault in America (Farrar)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Renault in America (Farrar)

Bill

The current Hummer/H1, H2, H2sut and soon H3 are 100% GM manufactured by
AMG for GM using GM components.  The HMMWV or Humvee is still the AMG
designed and produced for govt use. A friend of my mother bought an H2
and I can tell you it is pure GM crap, sorry GM owners I really don't like
the new way they are building things to cut cost.

Direct from amgeneral.com
" HUMMER® H1 & H2

Due in part to the military HMMWV renown in Desert Storm, AM General
introduced a civilian version of the vehicle called the HUMMER in 1992.
Known as ?the world?s most serious 4x4,? the revolutionary vehicle has
found favor with commercial users who appreciate the value of HUMMER?s
long life and amazing performance, and individuals who seek the ultimate
in toughness and mobility. In 1999, General Motors acquired the HUMMER
brand worldwide and rebadged the current vehicle H1. In 2002, AM General
began assembling the HUMMER H2 for GM in its new factory in Mishawaka,
Ind. This vehicle was designed by and is marketed by General Motors. For
specific HUMMER product information visit hummer.com. More AM
General/HUMMER information."