[DMCForum] Re: Fear Bush.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:

> The real defense for terrorism is good intelligence,
> and then to act on that intelligence.  (something he
> did not do so well prior to 9/11).
>
> The action is on the wrong side > With all of these warnings and
such, the terrorist are winning without doing anything!

Ok, this all sounds like reasoned criticism, but it does nothing to
outline a better plan.  Also, you say Bush didn't do enough to react
to the intelligence prior to 9/11 but you don't give any specifics
about what this means or what you think he should have done about
it.  Also, the 9/11 commission didn't find any specific failings
specific to President Bush, but rather systemic shortcomings dating
back many, many years.

When President Bush does act on good intelligence, he is criticized
for politicizing it.  As you say, it is impossible to protect every
site because we live in a free society.   Nothing you propose, or
that can be done will make Americans completely safe unless we want
to start limiting our freedoms.

I think if you want to claim that you would be gather good
intelligence and act on it, you have an obligation to be specific
about what that means.  Otherwise, it's just a sound bite.

click here