Re: [DMCForum] Re: Fear Bush.

--- Robert Katon <bigevlbastard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, this all sounds like reasoned criticism, but it
> does nothing to
> outline a better plan.  Also, you say Bush didn't do
> enough to react
> to the intelligence prior to 9/11 but you don't give
> any specifics
> about what this means or what you think he should
> have done about
> it.  Also, the 9/11 commission didn't find any
> specific failings
> specific to President Bush, but rather systemic
> shortcomings dating
> back many, many years.

Any response I make to this, you will simply say
"hindsight is 20/20".

You claim the 9/11 commission didn't find any specific
failings?  I don't know if that is correct or not.  I
would bet I could find a "liberal" web page that would
conclude otherwise..  I did not read the report
because most of it is politically motivated, and
cannot be trusted as the WHOLE truth.  Heck, Bush
would not even testify under oath, or without cheney
pulling his strings.

> When President Bush does act on good intelligence,
> he is criticized
> for politicizing it.  As you say, it is impossible
> to protect every
> site because we live in a free society.   Nothing
> you propose, or
> that can be done will make Americans completely safe
> unless we want
> to start limiting our freedoms.

It is my opinion that Bush has not acted properly on
intelligence.  Instead he misuses and molds it to fit
his agenda.

Our freedoms have been limited.. Ever hear of the
Patriot Act?  (Poor choice of names, IMHO).

> I think if you want to claim that you would be
> gather good
> intelligence and act on it, you have an obligation
> to be specific
> about what that means.  Otherwise, it's just a sound
> bite.

No I don't, I am just a liberal moron on the Internet.
LOL