RE: [DMCForum] Anyone got a job for Marc?

RE: [DMCForum] Anyone got a job for Marc?

You hit he proverbial nail on the head right there.  Anything you can do to
make your resume stand out could give you the edge.  That, and bugging the
shit out of the people at the company you want to go to work for.  If you
have a company you really want to work for, and you are talking with them
about doing follow-ups, then you need to make the call as to when YOU will
call THEM.  Don't let them tell you when they will call you.  When they say
they need a week than say ok, you will call them back in a week.  Always
keep the upper hand as to when who calls who.

I had one company tell me they did the "we will call you" bullshit and all
they were doing was filtering the people who didn't really want to work for
them.  Anyone who came back on their own was subsequently hired.  Hell, some
companies take this a but further and will not advertise they are needing
new people, but rather only talk with people who seek them.

Also, try to find a way to talk with the upper people who you will actually
be working with or for.  You do know what Social Engineering is, right? :)
I once had a position created for me that didn't exist at the time because I
got tired of dealing with the people who wouldn't, meaning couldn't, get
anything done.

Again, not trying to sound condescending.

Greg