RE: [DMCForum] Anyone got a job for Marc?

RE: [DMCForum] Anyone got a job for Marc?

Not at all condescending..  It is good advice, that I
have heard before.

I agree, I have become lazy with the cover letters and
"sculpting" the resume to fit the job..  Mostly
because of the lack of response when I send out my
resumes.  Seems silly to spend so many hours on each
job application when 90% of the time it is just going
to an placement agent or HR person who has little or
no clue as to what any of it means anyway.

Most cases, I do not even get a "thank you for sending
in your resume", so I have doubts that it is even
being read..  Many jobs posted are filled before the
post is made public.  Companies (especially ones with
government contracts) are required to advertise a job
even if they have a pre-identified candidate (they are
usually already doing the job before you can even
apply for it!).

People I have actually spoken to claim they get 200+
resumes for each of these jobs.  How much time do they
spend actually reading each of them??  They are
looking for key words.

<SNIP>