Re: [DMCForum] Re: Bush (Vote for handouts/tax breaks)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Bush (Vote for handouts/tax breaks)

Sorry the travel industy has been in a decline since the late 90's.
9/11/01 had very little effect on our business, I have the sales records
to prove it.  The largest increases we are seeing now are people going
after the 3-4day cruises, the kind of things where an entire family can
go for about $1k.

The boats that are setting the records are all $30k or less, so people
really don't have to go deep into debt to afford them.  Since 1999 when
I got into the marine industry we only saw a small decline in large
yachts sales.  But I have seen several large manafactures of
recreational boats close up, lay people off, or cut everyone back to
30hrs/week in the same time period.  Now they are all back up and
running at full capacity, one company is actuly considering running 24hr
shifts to keep up with the demand for their small fiberglass boats and
pontoons.

Andrei