[DMCForum] Re: Keeping It Original (Rich and Martin)

[DMCForum] Re: Keeping It Original (Rich and Martin)

Are we talking about the same engineers who designed:
- Trailing arm attachment
- Door lock, cooling fan, and headlight circuits
- Crumple extension (whole sheet metal frame for that matter)
- 14" spare tire well
- Hard plastic hydraulic and vacuum lines
- Wheel speedometer interface rather than traditional transmission
interface
- Rivnuts
- Constantly illuminated A/C panel
- Glued headliners
- Plastic channel radiator with downhill bleed line
- Front fascia attachment
- C pillar trim panel and armrest extension

Boys in Dunmurry (Norwich, whatever) had a bit of trouble with mine,
so I've opted not to keep it so original.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Normally, I agree. Certainly I don't pretend to know better than the
> engineers who built the thing but you have to admit, the collapsing
> pickup hose is a problem.
>
> To that end, if one were to -insist- on keeping the factory baffle, I
> would suggest a long, metal tube section with a short rubber flex
> section at each end where they hook to the pump and the pickup screen.
>
> Rich
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> > I don't recommend anything - I'd like to try the auxiliary tank
> idea
> > myself, but the best setups I know of are properly installed
> original ones.
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > cruznmd wrote:
> >
> > > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > > <snip> Installing a baffle directly under the pump in the DeLorean
> > > tank misses
> puts
> > > the

> > > What do you recommend? An additional pump, or re-designing or re-
> > > locating the baffle?
> > >
> > > Rich A.

click here