Re: [DMCForum] Re: Eagle Premiere motor

Hi Dave

I got hold of a semi-disassembled DeLo tranny to go with my 30 tranny.
The Ren box came with a 10-spline input shaft, no driveshaft flanges and
a speedo drive on the side of the casing (capped off on the DeLorean
box). I've bought one of Toby's strengthened couplers to go with it.
Everything's at the rebuilders but I told him not to ruch as time and
money's at a premium right now.

I would seriously suggest to anyone to look for a 25 turbo engine. It's
amazing how an engine that's so different internally can look identical
on the outside. The cylinder heads even have the mounts for the
DeLorean/Volvo/R30 intake manifold. It'd be so "easy" to build an engine
that looks and goes like a legend lump (esp if you have an island kit to
start with- Dave!). The only issues are that you'll have EFI, with
different injectors, no metering head or distributor, and the need for
an ECU.

Martin

Dave Stragand wrote:

> No, it's a plain old D engine, but I do have plans to 'redo it' into a 400
> HP twin turbo monster.  This I -can- do.
>
> BUT...
>
> I need Martin to finish his disection of that high-hp Renault transmission
> first.  How's that going, Martin?
>
> -Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a