Re: [DMCForum] Re: ATTN: Lauren (And Frvianna)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: ATTN: Lauren (And Frvianna)

Andrei -

> So Lauren what was your 74 VW and why would you get rid of it?

It was a SuperBeetle 'vert, originally orange with a white top (my
creamsicle) but then I painted it black and was fixing it up.
Unfortunately, the guy who was helping decided that the seats were
trashed (well, they were) and threw them away without asking me.
Replaced them with seats that didn't quite fit and just never felt
stable in the guides as they rocked from side to side.  I had  just
gotten a new bigger, safer vehicle and didn't think I'd be driving the
VW , so I passed it along to a friend.  I loved that car!  It was my
second VW 'vert.  The first was a '62 that met with an unfortunate
demise one night while it was parked.  Can you say breadbox?

> I have
> 2 1974 Karmann Ghias and a 72 super beetle.

A Karmann Ghia has always been on the list of cars I'd like to own.

> The distributor on the PRV is not uncommon at all

Apparently not from all the replies to my question.  And apparently
FI is a much older concept than I thought.  I had no idea!  That
DeSoto was beautiful, btw.  I always thought American cars were all
about big carbs.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a
Man Woman