Re: [DMCForum] Re: ATTN: Lauren (And Frvianna)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: ATTN: Lauren (And Frvianna)

>Carburetors... fuel injectors ... Lauren prefers the gear shift knob ...
they
> really do make lousy fuel metering devices.

LMAO -- I totally misunderstood your question.   Thought you were
taking about size and shape - form not function.

>From the more serious side of me ---  I've had  more carbuerated
vehicles over the years  so I  understand carbs better and with all
the clunkers I've had, I've seen every failure known to man (and
woman).  I  like the concept of EFI for precision and efficiency but
*electronic* anything scares me.  For that, I like the idea of a
straightfoward carb that you can tinker on with a screwdriver.   The
last car I really felt like I could rig back together and limp along was
my '74 VW.

So now here's a question.  Is the fuel distributor unique to the PRV
engine?  How is it different from any other fuel-injected engine?