RE: [DMCForum] Reply #2: Intel on Iraq. Where do you get it, really? (G

RE: [DMCForum] Reply #2: Intel on Iraq. Where do you get it, really? (Greg)

><snip>
>Re: the B-2 -- oh please. That's wasted money if I ever saw it. Who
>was responsible for dreaming up an airplane that can't get wet! What
>forms the backbone of the Strategic Bomber Command? The venerable
>B-52, which coincidentally celebrates its 50th birthday next month
><snip>

Not being able to get wet is not entirely true.  My reference to that
aircraft was that two people can take off, fly forty-eight hours non-stop,
drop ordinance, and come back and land safely.  That is a far cry from
walking up to someone and shooting them.

I have been all over the B-52's C-130's, KC-10's, KC-135's ETC.  I grew up
with them at Barksdale Air Force Base.
http://www.barksdale.af.mil/index.shtml  They also recently got an SR-71 for
display in their museum.  Amazing looking aircraft up close, but not as big
as I thought it would be.

Greg

click here