From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 10:50 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Reply #1: Intel on Iraq. Where do you get it,
really? (Greg)

I'm going to have to call you on this one:

Background: The Pentagon basically has no fire department of its own.
There is one firetruck and four firefighters stationed by the helipad
(the little Butler building you see adjacent to Washington Boulevard
-- coincidentally right where Flight 77 went in, destroying the fire
truck in the process) but their only function is to put out crashed
helicopters. Fire protection is provided by Arlington County. Station
#5 is located two blocks south (other side of I-395). My best friend
has been stationed there since 1988. He's fought everything at the
Pentagon from trash can fires to full blown transformer meltdowns. Of
course he was there September 11 too.

Additional background: the only people who gossip more than little old
ladies are Arlington County firefighters. WTOP could save a lot of
money on its newcasts by simply giving the script to the Arlington
County Fire Department and letting them broadcast it all over town. If
it happens at the Pentagon, and ACFD is involved, the world IS going
to know about it.

I've heard all about Washington's September 11 in great detail (did
you know the plane first impacted the hillside next to the helipad
then bounced into the Pentagon?). I've heard all about the 10 days
following as damage was assessed and demolition/repairs actually begun
(Arlington County firefighters lived on scene and escorted the
contractors). And I've heard about calls made to the Pentagon in the
two years since (all the additional security, with attendant officious
personnel, have done nothing but make the fire department's job that
much more difficult). One thing I haven't heard a peep about is
additional terrorist attacks. Arlington County firefighters themselves
crashed a Gator into the side of the building as they were drag racing
it (boredom at the end of Camp Unity), but no terrorists.

Any additional terrorist attacks at the Pentagon have been so
insignificant as to not require services of the fire department.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Oh, something I wanted to mention in a previous thread.  Does anyone
know
> how many times the Pentagon was attacked and damaged?  I can assure
you it
> was more than the once in 2001, but that never came up.
>
> Greg

click here